February 18, 2009

Exercise

I got to play basketball the other night. Hurray! Our church stake isn't playing women's basketball this year and it's very disappointing. So last Thursday night I went and played with another stake. It was fun. And it felt good to exercise and tired myself out. I am going to play this week too and then in the region tournament with them after that. For a few weeks anyway I have a basketball game to look forward to.

This is my attitude about exercise: Give me a game and a ball and I am there to play--volleyball, basketball, soccer, softball, raquetball, tennis, football, frisbee. (But not golf). I am ready and willing to get tired and sweaty and feel great. I love playing sports. Other than that, I am not too good about exercising. And it isn't too often that there is a game to play in.


I did semi-train and run in a 5K this winter. That was the first of December. I haven't run since. I really want to exercise because I know I will feel so good when I am done. I know all the benefits of it. It is just so hard for me to get motivated to do it. I know I will feel better both mentally and physically if I will just do it. I know it doesn't have to be complicated and I don't even need to leave the house. I can do jumping jacks, walk up and down the stairs, dance around with my kids, jump rope, do crunches and push-ups.

So why don't I just do it?!?

No comments: