January 9, 2009

Some Days

Cameron was never dressed today. He stayed in his diaper and pajama top until he got it wet playing in the water at the kitchen sink just before dinner. Then he was just in a diaper until he got his pajamas on again. I did try to dress him several times but he didn’t cooperate and I didn’t push. I didn’t care. Janessa wore the same clothes today as she did yesterday because she slept in them. And I didn’t comb her hair. I didn’t care.

It was just one of those days. Not a bad day, or sad day. Just a low energy day. I got up and got myself showered and going and got kids to school. Then I just sort of stopped there. I chatted on the phone to some friends, made chocolate chip pumpkin bread with Cameron and Janessa (not an easy task with two helpers), did some laundry, a few other things, and read. The kids watched way too much TV today and I can’t even remember feeding them lunch. (they probably ate pumpkin bread). I did make dinner, however.

I am not sure if it’s because I didn’t have anything pressing to get done or because I was coming off a four-day headache, but I didn't have motivation to do much of anything today. And I don’t even feel guilty about it. At least not much.

“My mom says some days are like that. Even in Australia.” (from Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day)

1 comment:

Andrea Hardman said...

oh, I have days like that. Often I dress Brooklyn just before Rhyan gets home so it looks like she has been dressed AND she still looks clean!