May 21, 2009

Time

I have been thinking lots lately about volleyball coaching. And praying. I did get an interview for the job I applied for at Farmington High School, but they were suppose to get back to me to set a date and they didn't. As I mentioned earlier, chances are pretty good I could find a coaching job in or around Farmington for the fall. I know I would enjoy it, but I decided not this year. One reason I am moving to Farmington is to be with my family--my parents and siblings and their families. Instead of spending time in a gym, I want to spend time with my family.

And my number one reason is because my immediate family still needs me at home as much as possible. They will grow up soon enough (though some days it doesn't seem like it...) and I have plenty of time to coach. It will be enough change for everyone to be in a new city and in new schools without adding me going to work too. I want to be there when they come home from school.

Also, my body isn't getting any younger so I better play as much rec ball as I can before it gives out. As long as I am coaching games, I won't have time to play in them.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Now is my time to enjoy living by my parents and sharing my kids with them. Time to be there as my oldest son navigates the waters of high school, and learns to drive (ahhh!). Time to have fun through the tween years with my almost 12 year old. Time to foster Andy's enthusiasm and zest for life--or at least try to keep up with him. Time to share in Janessa's excitement as she starts her formal education and learns to read. Time to enjoy the last two years of having a child by my side everyday and seeing his joy as he discovers more and more about his world.

There will be plenty of time and volleyball seasons to be in the gym.

No comments: