May 20, 2009

Called to Serve in the Domincan Republic

If you go to my in-law's house you will find little white pieces of paper taped to nearly every object, labeling it with it's Spanish name. And a few weeks ago Scott's parents began reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish. All this is in preparation for a mission in the Dominican Republic. They will leave the beginning of October to serve for 18 months representing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. Their call is to do records preservation; however, they don't yet know what that entails.

They are excited to serve, but a little nervous, especially about the language. My father-in-law served a Spanish speaking mission as a young elder, but my mother-in-law does not speak any Spanish. They both know if the pray hard and work hard it will all go well. In the words of my mother-in-law "I know if I do my part, God will do his part. He never leaves us alone."

They will do a great job and I know they will love the people where ever they serve--in this case the Dominican Republic.

1 comment:

emily and Nate said...

that's so cool. Ryan served in the D.R and loved it. He went back in March of 08 and took his family.