May 14, 2009

Hair Woes

My oldest son doesn't like my curly hair--at least on him. He bought a straightening iron a few weeks ago. I guess he doesn't realize that if he would cut his hair shorter it wouldn't curl. Brennen complained Sunday that he had to wait 10 minutes for Dustin to do his hair before he could take a shower. Brennen should be happy he only has one sister!

I have heard and read about moms who really enjoy time with their girls in the bathroom doing their hair. They get 5 or 10 minutes of one on one time where they can talk and share. Morning time in the bathroom doing hair with my girl is far from that. She is most always crying/screaming and getting mad because it pulls. Either she has a tender head or is just a complainer. However, I do think that her curls make it harder to comb through. Once we get it combed through then she is very particular of how she wants it done, and has been since she got enough hair to do. I rarely get to choose and when I do it is usually with an argument "why do you always get to choose?" And there are the days when she wants to do it herself and I don't fight it (pick your battles) and just hope that the public knows that I did not put those clippies in her hair like that.

I suppose I envy those moms who enjoy time with their daughters in the bathroom. There have been a few times where it has been fun, but mostly it is a morning chore I do not look forward to.

3 comments:

tonya said...

Ah, I feel your pain. Doing Em's hair has never been enjoyable. I just have to feel content that it's clean--gave up on wanting it brushed. :)

Krystal said...

Addyson's hair always has snags. Do you use conditioner? That saves me with Addyson.....oh and de-tangler spray for when it's dry. Sorry you don't have the bathroom opportunities - maybe as she gets older. As a teen, my mom and I had time together to visit before school and work. ;) Good Luck - I can't really relate. Addyson has always been good about hair.
The straighener story makes me smile :)

Andrea Hardman said...

Oh, I have that too. I read the cute little girl hair blogs and how they enjoy the one-on-one time and just shake my head. My girls don't ever like to have hair done. Sensitive scalp, very independent, whatever it is, it's not pleasant.