November 6, 2012

Conversations with a First Grader

On a Saturday Morning:

Me: Come on. We need to go to Janessa's soccer game.
Cam:  I don't want to go.
Me:  I know but you have to. Dad is at Andy's game and Brennen isn't here. You can't stay here by yourself.
Cam:  Why?
Me:  Because you are only 6.
Cam (arguing back):  Ya! I'm six and I can even make my own toast!



At Home Depot:

Cam:  Can I buy this flashlight?  It is $5 and Andy says I have 89 cents.
Me:  Well you need 500 and 89 cents.
Cam:  ARE YOU SEWIOUS!!??  FIVE HUNDWED CENTS!!??!!


Cameron is so much fun.  "Seriously" and "actually" are about his favorite words.  However, he is the baby of the family so I realize that I don't give him all the responsibility he needs and do way too much for him.  So I am working on that.  Making his own toast is a step in the right direction!

1 comment:

tonya said...

hahaha love it! Thanks for staying in touch. :)