August 7, 2012

Last Week of Summer Vacation

Oh what do you do in the summertime if your trampoline broke?

Yes, sadly the trampoline got a rip in it so it is dead.  Thank goodness it happened the last week of summer because I don't know what the kids would do if they couldn't jump with the sprinkler under the tramp at least 3 or 4 times per week multiple times a day it seems.  This does result in a mess of wet clothes but a small price to pay for happy busy kids.  I tried to make the rule they had to change into their swimming suit before getting wet so we didn't go through so many clothes, but sometimes it happens (the swimming suit) and sometimes it doesn't.  (Sometimes I am too lax on rules I know).

And what are the neighbor kids going to do?  maybe find another house to visit that has a trampoline.  Ironically it was the teenagers that were on it when it broke.  Funny cuz they rarely come over and even less rarely jump.

Janessa is so excited for the first day of school.  The boys haven't said much.  I was actually on top of things this year and shopped for school supplies before the last minute when the supply is limited.  Yay for me!  however, I found out later that if I had waited one more day I wouldn't have had to pay sales tax because New Mexico had 3 days of no sales tax for school supplies and clothes, etc.  But that's okay.  I would have saved about $5 but at least I got it done without fighting crowds.  Janessa has her backpack packed and ready to go.  I don't think the boys have even looked at the school supplies.  The difference between boys and girls.

Yesterday we went to the elemantary school to find out teachers.  Andy and Janessa both have new teachers to the school and they are both men.  I think that is very cool.  This is the last year the 3 little ones will all be in elementary.  Brennen gets to pick up his schedule today.  He is half-way through the book "The Count of Monte Cristo" he is supposed to have read and assignments done by the 1st day of school for his AP English Class.

This week Brennen is doing his Scout Eagle Project.  Hooray!  Two Eagle projects in the family in a little over 3 months.  He is replanting the flower beds in front of the local aquatic center and putting a split rail fence around it.

And after that I guess we are ready for school to start next Tuesday!

No comments: