January 26, 2012

Mornings

So here is a glimpse of my morning today.  I thought you all could use some laughs or at least feel better that you are not the only one that has crazy mornings.

The dishwasher didn’t get started last night so besides having to wash some forks for breakfast and the fact that I won’t be able to have someone unload it before school, it causes another problem later on. 

For the 2nd day in a row the cat decided to use Andy’s bed as a litter box—because of the urine smell I suppose.  (Andy still has night-time problems).

Cameron started crying because Andy “jinxed” him and said he is in a locked jinx, meaning even if someone says your name 3 times you can’t get out of it until Andy says he is not jinxed anymore.  Still tears even though I explain that jinxed doesn’t really mean anything.

Because the dishwasher was on, and Andy decided to make hot chocolate in the microwave, and I was making pancakes with the electric griddle, the circuit breaker tripped and the power went out in the kitchen.  (the refrigerator and range are on that circuit too).  When I tried to explain to Scott that the power was off in the kitchen and he needed to fix it he didn’t understand because I didn’t say the “breaker went off”. He thought I was talking about power going off in the middle of the night.     Anyway, finally he understood what I meant and went and reset it.  (and I realize that I am capable of flipping the breaker, but I haven’t learned which one it is yet, which I guess I should put on my to do list).

"Didn't we already do this?" Dustin asks looking at the order form for his cap and gown that came in the mail. I answer "Yes, but it didn't get mailed on time and it expired so they sent us a new one." so he asks if I can mail it today.  yes.

Andy got up early to do finish his homework, and he did great and finished but then he is ready to early and too playful and wild and silly which prevents anyone else from focusing on getting ready.  

The dog got into the bathroom garbage so it was all over the floor in the bathroom when I went in to comb J’s hair.

Janessa wanted her hair braided like the little sister on Narnia.  I haven’t a clue what that girl's hair looked like but I do my best with her describing.  And I am happy that she is letting me do
her hair :).

I overwatered the plant on the top of the bookcase and so water was running down splashing on the books…

I bought Strawberry-kiwi Capri-Suns for lunch and Cameron doesn’t like that kind.

 Andy almost leaves his homework on the table as he walks out the door, but I get it in his backpack.  (yay Mom!) 

But finally everyone is out the door and it is quiet.  (Everyone except the animals and I wonder why exactly we have pets?)

We did have scripture reading with the kids before the big boys left and I made breakfast—more than frozen waffles or pancake sausages on a stick.   Not really a bad morning, just a regular morning with a few extra things to be expected I guess with a family of 7 people. (and two animals).

No comments: