December 14, 2010

Stocking Stuff

This morning my youngest came to me in the kitchen so sad.  "I can't find a stocking for me." he said.

We put the Christmas tree up late last week but I haven't finished decorating the house, and though decorations and most of the stockings are still in the Christmas boxes, there are some stockings floating around, and he couldn't find one with his name on it (for he can read his name now). I can say that yes, Cameron has a stocking with his name on it, but sadly, it doesn't match the rest of the families'.


Last time we made stockings (or rather bought some and wrote names on them with glitter glue/paint stuff) was Andy's first Christmas.  It was a few months later that we excitedly and surprisingly found out I was pregnant after almost 6 years.  Janessa's first Christmas I found a matching stocking and she actually fit into it! and we took a picture of her int it.  Funny, but at the time I had the idea to buy 2 stockings "just in case" but I didn't imagine I would get pregnant again, plus I had my hands full with two babies already, so I only bought one.  Needless to say when Cameron's first Christmas came along 2 years later, I couldn't find a matching stocking.  And every year since I have been meaning to do new stockings...

There are many advantages to being the youngest, and sometimes there are not.  I did find Cameron a stocking with his name on it.  I don't know yet if he noticed it doesn't look like everyone else's.

No comments: